Bulletin Board with Secret Compartments
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® foam sheet: 18"x12"x2"
- 1/3 yard fabric: Peace theme
- 5/8" Peace Symbol ribbon
- Flower appliques
- Peace Symbol charms
- Mirror: 5"x5"
- Serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
1. Using the serrated knife, cut 6" off the end of the sheet for one 12"x12" square and one 6"x12" rectangle. The 12"x12" board can be used for a future project.
2. Use a pencil to draw a 3-1/2"x3-1/2" square 1" up from the 6" end of foam sheet and cut out with the serrated knife.
3. Cut an 18"x12" piece of fabric to cover the 6"x12" board. Wrap board with fabric just like wrapping a present, gluing the fabric tightly in place at the back of the board. Use the tip of the scissors to snip an opening in the center of the cut out space. Cut slits in the fabric from the center to the edges of the opening. Glue the fabric down inside the opening. Glue ribbon to cover the inside edges of the cut out space on the board. Glue a piece of fabric to the back of the cut out space on the board. Be sure the right side of the fabric appears through the opening.
4. To attach the mirror to the board; cut two 14" pieces of ribbon, fold them in half and glue the ends together to form a loop. Slide the mirror into the looped pieces of ribbon with the glued ends at the top. Glue to secure the ribbon along the edges of the mirror front and back. Glue the glued ends of the ribbon to the front of the board so that the mirror hangs in front of the secret opening.
5. Cut lengths of ribbon and glue to the back of the board for the hanger.
6. Embellish the board with ribbon, charms and appliques.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products