Burlap and Lace Pots
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yard burlap
- Jute or cording
- Lace in 1/2" & 1" or 1-1/2" widths
- Doily for trim & flowers
- Ribbon 1/2" wide
- Hot glue gun or fabric glue
- Basic sewing supplies
- 6" clay pot
- 1-1/2" clay pots (3)
For Large Pot
Basic Burlap Flower
1 Cut 2"x20: strip of burlap.
2 Fold burlap in half lengthwise at one end. Roll tight to create center of flower.
3 Twist burlap towards outside and wrap around center gluing where necessary.
4 Keep twisting and turning until desired size of flower.
5 Glue ends.
For Lace Burlap Flower
1. Make Basic Flower and glue lace or cut edge of doily, between the rounds of flower.
For fringe burlap flower
1. Make Basic Flower but before wrapping, pull some threads from one edge for fringe, then continue to wrap burlap flower.
For lace flower
1. Cut a 20" piece of 1-1/2" wide lace, and roll as burlap flower. Glue edge as you wrap.
For lace and burlap flower
1. Make basic flower. Cut 1" lace about 18" or cut edge from doily, gather and tie ends to form circle. Cut burlap 2”? x 18”? and gather one long end, pull a few strands from opposite side of strip. Form circle and tie ends.
2. Layer- fringed burlap, lace and burlap flower on top.
Embellish 6" pot by gluing flowers on as desired.
Small Clay Pot Bell Ornaments
1. Cut cording or jute rope 6" long, fold in half and insert into hole at top of pot. Tie ends in a knot inside of pot.
For ribbon and burlap flower
1. Cut 3 pieces ribbon about 5" long.
2. Cut 1 burlap piece 1"x15". Make small burlap flower.
3. Fold ribbon pieces in half and glue to back of burlap flower.
4. Glue to pot
For Lace flower.
1. Cut 20" piece of 1" lace. Gather one long end.
2. Roll to form flower. Glue edge while rolling.
3. Cut two pieces of ribbon 4" long.
4. Glue ribbon on top of each other forming an X.
5. Glue to pot. Glue lace flower over ribbon.
For Lace flower and pot trimmed in lace.
1. Cut edge of doily off.
2. Gather doily edge and roll into flower.
3. Glue edge of doily to rim of small pot. Glue flower over trim.
Embellish 1-1/2" pots by gluing flowers on as desired.