Idea Market Burlap Fringe Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd burlap (more or less depending on the size of the banner)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Scissor & ruler (optional)
1. Lay the burlap flat and, using rotary cutter and mat or scissors, cut it into strips, 1" wide and 6" long each.
2. Fold one burlap strip in half lengthwise and sew across it with a straight stitch 1/4" parallel from the folded edge.
3. Fold another strip in half and feed it through the sewing machine right next to the first burlap strip. Continue folding the burlap and feeding it through the machine until the banner reaches the desired length.
4. Leave the sewing threads long on both sides of the banner and use them to hang it up when the banner is finished.