Burlap Gift Bags
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd tan burlap
- 1/2 yd white burlap
- 1/4 yd red burlap
- 1 yd ribbon for each bag
- 4" square black chalkboard vinyl: for each star
- Fray Checks
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
DIRECTIONS: All seams are 1/2". RS = Right side(s)
1. Cut a 16"x13" piece of tan burlap for the bottle bag. Cut two 12" squares for the medium bag. Cut two 8" squares for the small bag.
2. Use a pencil to draw star pattern onto back of chalkboard fabric.
3. Cut out star; center on bag front and edge stitch onto burlap.
4. SQUARE BAGS: RS together, sew fronts to backs. For flat bottom, cut a 3/4" square from the bottom corners; bring seams together & stitch. Fold top edge down 1" to inside; turn under 1/4" & stitch. To make slits for ribbon, cut 1" into bag every 2", just below the top hem. Saturate the area around each slit with Fray Check™ & allow to dry. Weave ribbon in and out of slits, beginning in front.
5. BOTTLE BAG: Sew back seam. Press open. RS together, match back seam to center front; stitch across bottom. Fray 1" of top by pulling the horizontal threads off. Measure down 4". Center & sew the center of the ribbon to the back. Bring around bottle neck and tie.