Burlap Monogrammed Letter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft&® foam sheet: 18“ x 12“ x 2“
- Burlap ribbon: natural, cream
- Antique gold spray paint
- Brown felt
- Jute twine
- Buttons: gold, brown
- Paper clips
- Serrated knife
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Tape measure
1. Draw the letter “H“ on foam sheet: mark 3“ wide legs, then 3“ deep crossbar 9“ from top. Use serrated knife to cut out.
2. Cover work area with newspapers. In well-ventilated area spray foam letter antique gold.
3. Cover end of each leg with 4“ pieces of natural burlap, overlapping onto all four sides. Secure with glue stick.
4. Cut 2-1/4 yd. strips of natural burlap ribbon to wrap legs, completely covering and overlapping already-covered ends. Secure with hot glue. Wrap crossbar with a 2 yd. strip, starting at back and wrapping from one end to the other.
5. Make cream burlap flowers by folding a 12“ length of ribbon in half lengthwise. Accordion-fold along wired edge and glue ends together. Pull wire to gather at center to make a rosette, and glue frays to back. Spread rosette to look like a flower and glue button to center. Repeat with 10“ length of ribbon for second flower.
6. For felt flower, cut 3“ felt circle for base, pinch at two spots and tack with glue for a ruffled look. Cut and fold three 2“ circles in half, then in half again and one by one glue pointed end to base.
7. For each twine accent, wrap 2 yd. length of twine around 5“ wide cardboard and carefully slide off. Pinch center of twine loops and wrap with tail end of twine; secure with hot glue.
8. For hangers at back of each leg, insert craft knife through burlap into foam 2“ from top edge, insert slightly separated paper clip, and adhere with glue if needed.