Burlap Sack Racers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 yd Burlap (makes 2)
- Tape measure, ruler or yardstick
- Marking tool or chalk
- Fold yardage of burlap in half lengthwise so that selvages are even. Straighten top edge of burlap if uneven. Mark and cut.
- From top edge measure and mark 36". Draw a line and cut.
- Seams will be enclosed French seams. With wrong sides together, stitch 3/8" seam allowance along raw edge (selvage side) and bottom. Opposite side is folded. Leave top edge open.
- Turn bag wrong side out. Stitch again along selvage and bottom 5/8" seam allowance.
- Turn bag right side out.
- Top stitch 1" down from top edge. Fray top edge to stitch line.
- Repeat steps for second sack. Please read and follow all manufacturers' instructions for all tools and materials used.