Burlap Silverware Pocket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Sweater Weather Paper Stack
- DCWV® 6"x6" burlap stack
- Paper crafting punch: tag
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue or double-sided craft tape)
- Paper trimmer
1. Take a 6"x6" square of burlap from the stack. Create a 3"x3-1/2" pocket by folding in the sides of the burlap square as it is folded in half. Adhere the sides in place with a strong adhesive, being sure not to glue the middle of the pocket together. *Note: if desired, pin the pocket together and sew the sides together with a sewing machine.
2. Cut a 1"x6" strip of burlap from another sheet. Adhere this around the top of the pocket, tucking the top of the strip into the pocket for a smoother edge.
3. Adhere the trim directly to the top of the edge created in step 2 as shown. Adhere a strip of ribbon 1" up from the bottom of the pocket as well, being sure not to adhere the pocket together.
4. Create a tag using paper from the Sweater Weather stack. Write desired sentiment on top and attach to the bag using a piece of twine.
5. Repeat as needed.