Butterfly Candle Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clear Glass Hurricane
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel:
- Surface Conditioner
- Paint: 14K Gold, Fuchsia
- Glitter Glaze
- 3-pk Delta Stencil, Mania Garden
- 1/4" Delta Stencil Magic Stencils and brush
- Large soft bristle brush
- Foam wedge sponges
- 1/4" quilting tape
- Paper plate
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- #1 script liner
- Wash surface in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Using soft bristle brush generously apply Surface Conditioner to entire outside of the hurricane. Allow to dry. Do no touch outside of the hurricane once Surface Conditioner has been applied. Surface Conditioner may leave a haze on the surface but this will disappear as PermEnamel cures.
- Using 14K Gold paint and a stencil brush randomly apply the smallest butterfly from the stencil all over the hurricane. This will be easier to do if you cut the butterfly out of the stencil and tape it in place as you work. Don't tape over an area you just painted. Allow to dry.
- Using the foam sponge pat Glitter Glaze all over the hurricane.Allow to dry overnight.
- Tape off the lower 2" of the hurricane with the 1/4" quilting tape. Apply Surface Conditioner to lower portion of the hurricane.
- Using a foam sponge pat on Fuchsia paint. Set aside for one hour to dry. Apply a second coat. Carefully remove tape and allow to dry.
- Pour out a puddle of 14K Gold paint on paper plate. Using the script liner paint a thin band of gold where the glass indents and at the top of the Fuchsia band. You may thin the paint using Surface Conditioner, but DO NOT use water.
- Set the hurricane aside to cure for a full 10 days. After 10 days the surface will be cured and should be cleaned using warm soapy water. Do not leave submerged in water for prolonged periods of time.