SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Square canvas
- Flexible rubber stamp and black ink pad
- Flower foam stamp
- Paint: light orange, yellow, black, white
- Brushes: 1" flat, 1/2" flat, small angular shader
- Butterfly image, enlarged
- Saral® transfer paper
- Paper towels
1. Place 2 layers of paper towels near work area. Basecoat canvas light orange, using a wet mixture and working quickly. Before paint dries, press the flower foam stamp onto the canvas and then onto a paper towel to blot off the paint. Repeat until paint is lifted from the entire canvas, creating a background. Let dry.
2. Using Saral® transfer paper and a pencil, trace the butterfly image on the canvas, at an angle, and bleeding off the edge.
3. Paint the butterfly body and wings, using photo as a guide for color placement.
4. When paint is dry, ink the rubber stamp and carefully place it at the corner of the canvas; press down to transfer ink. Repeat for bottom corner.