Butterfly Cookie with Gingham Accents
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- 3" Butterfly Metal Cookie Cutter
- Recipe Right® 17-1/4"x11-1/2" Cookie Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- White Decorator Preferred™ Fondant (1-1/2 oz. needed)
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 9" Fondant Roller (purple guide rings used)
- 5-pc. Decorating Brush Set
- Fine Tip Primary Colors FoodWriter™ Edible Color Markers (red, yellow used)
- Leaf Green Icing Color
- Favorite roll out cookie recipe
- Rolling pin
- Plastic ruler
1. Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use butterfly cutter to cut shape. Bake cookies and allow to cool.
2. Make wings. Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out 1 oz. fondant 1/8" thick. Use butterfly cutter to cut shape. Use damp brush to attach fondant to cookie.
3. Decorate wings. Use red edible color marker to draw lines diagonally, each 1/2" apart, until cookie is covered. Repeat going in opposite direction. Use yellow edible color marker to draw lines diagonally, each 1/4" from red lines until cookie is covered. Repeat going in opposite direction.
4. Make body. Tint 1/2 oz. ball fondant pale green. Roll into log, tapering bottom section. Use damp brush to attach to cookie.