Butterfly Hotfix Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity® Crystal Hotfix™ Stencil: Butterfly and Protective Paper
- 4mm Hotfix™ Crystals: Jonquil, Indian Pink and Light Sapphire
- Black fabric tote
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Prewash the tote.
2. Position the stencil on the tote. Fill the openings with crystals. Use tweezers to make it easier to pick up the crystals.
3. Cover the stencil and crystals with the protective paper. Iron the crystals, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Use a hard pressing surface, not padded like an ironing board to iron with sufficient pressure. Allow the stencil to cool before removing it. If the crystals are not completely adhered, replace the protective paper and iron again.
4. Repeat to add a second butterfly to the tote. Change up the placement of the colors on the second butterfly to add variety and interest.
Tip: The stencil is durable so it can be used over and over again to embellish T-shirts, placemats, aprons and much more.