Butterfly Mini Canvas Silhouette Screen
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Three 5"x7" canvas panels
- Copper Basics Paint
- Medium flat brush
- Water & water basin
- Glue stick
- Butterfly punch or punch of choice
- Scrap paper
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Copper ribbon
- Paper to protect work surface
- Flameless candle(s)
1. Lay out the three 5"x7"canvases side by side so they are positioned 7" tall and 5" wide.
2. Punch out butterfly shapes from paper and place them on the canvas. Concentrate the butterflies towards the top and less towards the bottom. The white canvas areas left behind after painting will allow light to pass through. Keeping the shapes towards the top will allow more light to pass through at the top of the canvas panels.
3. Glue the butterflies in place with a glue stick. Ensure all edges are glued in place.
4. Paint over the entire surface with copper paint. Do not allow the paper butterfly shapes to dry in place. Remove them immediately after painting to ensure they are not permanently adhered in place.
5. Paint the edges and the frame on the back with the copper paint. Allow to dry.
6. Place the left and center canvases back to back. Hot glue ribbon down the edge on one side to create a hinge between the panels. Repeat with center and right canvas panel so all three canvases are attached together.
7. Flip the canvases and lay them face down. Glue a strip of ribbon on the back side of the seam between each canvas to secure the back of the hinge.
8. Place the hinged canvas panel around a flameless candle to display.