SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:
Small Rectangle Ornament Template
Monarch Butterfly Medium Double Punch
12"x12" Doily Lace Paper Pad
- Paper trimmer
1. Cut 6" square from light blue patterned paper. Score and fold in half using bone folder and ruler.
2. Insert folded cardstock, fold side first, into small rectangle ornament template. Using ornament cutting tool, press down into spaces and cut paper.
3. Unfold paper. With cuts positioned vertically, wrap ends of paper around until they meet to form lantern. Staple top and bottom corners together.
4. Cut three 3/4"x8" strips of coordinating paper. Attach the ends of one strip to the inside top of the paper lantern for a handle. Wrap and adhere one strip around the top of the lantern. Repeat with remaining strip around the bottom of the lantern.
5. Punch 10 butterflies from coordinating paper. Layer one butterfly on top of another, and glue them together at the center only. Repeat with remaining butterflies to yield five layered butterflies. When glue is dry, bend back the wings of each of the top butterflies and adhere the butterflies to the paper lantern.