SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dritz® Belle Buttons, assorted styles
- Kunin Rainbow Classic Felt Square, black
- Dritz® Frog Closure (optional)
- #3 safety pin or 1 Laliberi® headband
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Provided template
1. Determine the size of brooch. Trace chosen pattern.
2. Pin pattern to felt. Cut two pieces of felt following pattern shape.
3. Pin pieces together. Stitch around felt 1/8" in from edge. Stitch again 1/4“ in from first row of stitching.
4. If using frogs, machine stitch one frog to each end of the brooch so loops extend beyond felt.
5. Place buttons on felt following photograph.
6. Thread needle with a double thread. Some buttons will overlap. Sew these to the felt first. Stitch each button with several stitches; take an extra stitch on the back of the felt before moving onto the adjacent button. Add small rhinestone buttons in any visible felt area between other buttons.
7. When brooch is complete, hand sew it to a headband, or to a large safety pin.