Button Mosaic Backsplash
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted black & white buttons (various sizes)
- Circle mirrors (similar in size to buttons)
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Picture frame (chose a size that will coordinate with backsplash area)
- Paint: black & white
- Medium flat brush
- Duct tape
- Water & paper towels for paint clean-up
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
Allow the paint to dry thoroughly between each step before continuing
1. Remove the Matte from the frame, flip it upside down and paint the entire back white.
2. Paint a swirl pattern with black paint on the white background.
3. Glue black buttons within the black swirls using hot glue gun. Do not glue buttons outside the edge of the matting or the matte will not fit back in the frame properly. Add smaller buttons or overlay them at the edges to endure they do not overhang.
4. Glue white buttons and mirror discs within the white area.
5. Put the button collage into the frame and secure the matte in place with the taps on the frame.
6. Place the frame backer into the frame and secure the backer in place with duct tape.