SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Favorite Findings™ Big Bags of Buttons: Rainbow, Shapes, Felt Bright Blossoms
- Framed chalkboard
- Embroidery floss: turquoise, hot pink, lime green
- Rick rack: medium turquoise
- Permanent marker: black
- Acrylic paint: light lime, hot pink
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Refer to photo for pixie assembly. Dress pixies as desired, changing button shapes and skirts.
1. Paint chalkboard light lime. Paint frame hot pink. Let dry.
2. Select a shape button. Cut a 6" length of floss. Thread through buttonholes. Tie into bow on top of button. Trim floss ends. Repeat with two more shape buttons. Glue three buttons just above center on the chalkboard to form pixie bodies.
3. Fold a pink felt flower button in half. Glue for skirt on center pixie. Repeat for remaining pixies, layering two flower buttons.
4. Glue on a round button head above bodies for each pixie. Add buttons for hats as desired.
5. Using marker, draw arms, legs and necks for each pixie.
6. Glue rick rack, centered on each front side of frame.
7. Build a button stack beginning with lime green felt flower button. Add two round buttons. Tie stack together with 6" length of turquoise floss. Knot floss on top of stack. Trim floss ends. Repeat for three more stacks. Glue to corners of frame.
8. Glue ends of a 16" length of rick rack to top back of frame for hanger.