Buying Guide: Fleece
What to Know When Buying Fleece
Jo-Ann carries a wide variety of fleece, with the most popular being Blizzard and Anti-Pill. But what is the difference between these two? And how are these different from the rest?
Blizzard vs. Anti-Pill vs. Luxe
- Blizzard is brushed for softness and may appear to be smoother than Anti-Pill
- Anti-Pill is brushed for softness and has been designed to reduce pilling
- Luxe is brushed for softness, is designed to reduce pilling and has a microfinish for extra softness and luxury. It is also our heaviest weight fleece.
Other Fleece vs. Blizzard or Anti-Pill
- Micro Fleece is a higher quality than Anti-Pill and provides the same warmth with less bulk.
- Extra Wide Fleece is anti-pill that is 85” wide and is intended for home uses such as a standard queen comforter. The Extra Wide Fleece is exclusive to Jo-Ann
- Ultra Fluffy Fleece and Soft N Fluffy Fleece are super soft and brushed on both side. Ideal for blankets and robes.
- Soft N Comfy Fleece is brushed on one side
- Sweater Fleece looks like a sweater on the front, and has a brushed back.
- Sweatshirt Fleece is a polyester/cotton blend with a brushed back.
- Stretch Fleece is an anti-pill fleece with added spandex to create a greater stretch for apparel uses.
- Width of the fleece fabric ranges from 58"-60” wide and our Extra Wide Fleece is 85" wide
- All of our Fleece is 100% Polyester, with the exception of our Sweater Fleece (polyester/spandex blend) and Sweatshirt Fleece (polyester/cotton blend)
- Our fleece is machine washable, best to hang dry to prevent static build-up
- Blizzard and Anti-Pill are great for beginners and easy to sew and work with
- It is best to use a ball point needle to sew fleece
- Only Blizzard, Anti-Pill, Micro Fleece, Extra Wide or Luxe should be used for No-Sew projects
- Try using two prints instead of a print and a solid for a No-Sew Throw or No-Sew Pillow
- Ultra Fluffy, Soft N Comfy, Ultra Fluffy, Sweater Fleece, Sweatshirt Fleece and Stretch Fleece must be sewn.
- Don't forget the rotary cutter and mat! This will help make cutting faster and give you straight lines.
- Fleece dulls scissors faster than regular fabric, so don't forget to grab a new pair of scissors
|Extra Wide Fleece||X||X|
|Soft N Comfy||X||X|