Cable Columns Knit Blanket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m), 5 balls: Dark Grey
- Size U.S. 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needle 40" [101.5 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge. Cable needle.
- Approx 50" x 60" [127 x 152.5cm].
- 8 sts and 13 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking stitch.
- To print the chart, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Cast on 103 sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
- Knit 9 rows (garter st), noting 1st row is RS.
- Next row: (WS). *K6. M1. K4. M1. K1. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4. 121 sts.
- Proceed in Cable Pat as follows:
- 1st row: (RS). *K8. P1. K4. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
- 2nd and alt rows: *K4. P4. K1. P4. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
- 3rd row: *K4. C4B. P1. C4F. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
- 5th and 7th rows: As 1st row.
- 8th row: As 2nd row.
- These 8 rows form Cable Pat. Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 58" [147.5 cm], ending on a WS row.
- Next row: (RS). *K5. K2tog. K3. K2tog. K1. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4. 103 sts.
- Knit 9 rows (garter st).
- Cast off.
- Alt = Alternating
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- C4B = Slip next 2 stitches onto cable needle and leave at back of work. K2, then K2 from cable needle
- C4F = Slip next 2 stitches onto cable needle and leave at front of work. K2, then K2 from cable needle
- Cont = Continue
- K = Knit
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- M1 = Make 1 stitch by picking up horizontal loop lying before next stitch and knitting into back of loop.
- Pat = Pattern
- P = Purl
- Rep = Repeat
- RS = Right side
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- WS = Wrong side