Cable Knit Pillow w/Button Flange
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 skeins Sensations Angel Hair yarn in color of choice
- 1 cable needle
- 1 stitch marker
- Size 10 Knitting Needles (13" long, or longer)
- Yarn needle
- Buttons: we used La Mode 7/8" and 1/2", 5 each, stacked
- Needle and thread to match yarn for sewing on the buttons
- 14" pillow form
- Cast on 10 stitches for the flange, add a space marker; continue casting on 59 more stitches. Total stitch count 69.
- Rows 1, 3 : *P3, K4; repeat from * across, ending with P3 at the stitch marker, then K10 after the marker.
- Rows 2, 4, 6: P10 to marker, then *K3, P4; repeat from * ending with K3.
- Row 5 (cable): *P3, sl next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in front, K2, then K2 from cable needle; rep from * across, end P3 at the stitch marker, then K10 after the marker.
- Repeat rows 1-6 for pattern until piece measures approximately 15"long, or will cover pillow face. Note that the cables "shrink in" but will expand to cover pillow.
- Repeat for back pillow panel; or you may work in garter stitch/knit every row for the pillow backing.
- Using a yarn needle, slip stitch 3 non-flange sides of the pillow together. Work in ends of yarn.
- Slip pillow into the knitted case, and sew buttons onto the flange to close, stacking the smaller button on top of the larger one and arranging as desired.