Cable Knit Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4 balls Big Twist® Natural Blend (5 oz/142 g; 98 yds/90 m) Almond
- Size U.S. 13 (9 mm) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Cable needle
- 20" square pillow form
- FINISHED SIZE:
- Approx 20" square.
- 9 sts and 12 rows = 4" in stocking st.
- Cable Panel (worked over 16 sts).
- Row 1: (RS). K1. (P2. K2) 3 times. P2. K1.
- Rows 2 and alt: P1. (K2. P2) 3 times. K2. P1.
- Row 3: Cr8B. Cr8F.
- Rows 5, 7 and 9: As 1st row.
- Row 10: As 2nd row. These 10 rows form Cable Panel.
- Cast on 68 sts.
- Row 1: (RS). K2. P2. Tw2R. P2. (Work 1st row Cable Panel. P2) 3 times. Tw2R. P2. K2.
- Row 2: (P2. K2) twice. (Work 2nd row Cable Panel. K2) 3 times. P2. K2. P2.
- These 2 rows form pat. Cable Panel Pat is now in position.
- Cont in pat, keeping cont of Cable Panel Pat, until work from beg measures approx 20", ending on a 4th row of Cable Panel Pat. Cast off in pat.
- Cast on 44 sts.
- Row 1: (RS). *K2. P1. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
- Row 2: *P2. K1. Rep from * to last 2 sts. P2.
- Rep last 2 rows (K2. P1) ribbing, until work from beg measures same length as Front, ending on a 2nd row. Cast off in pat.
- Sew 3 sides of Front and Back tog. Insert pillow form. Sew rem side closed.
- Alt = Alternate
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Beginning
- Cont = Continue(ity)
- Cr8B = Slip next 4 stitches onto cable needle and leave at back of work. K1. P2. K1, then (K1. P2. K1) from cable needle
- Cr8F = Slip next 4 stitches onto cable needle and leave at front of work. K1. P2. K1, then (K1. P2. K1) from cable needle K = Knit P = Purl Pat = Pattern Rem = Remaining Rep = Repeat RS = Right side St(s) = Stitch(es) Tog = Together Tw2R = Knit into front of 2nd stitch on needle, then knit into front of first stitch and slip both stitches off needle together.