Calculating Yardage for Upholstery
- Fabric should complement your furniture’s style & character. Pattern scale should be appropriate to the room size.
- If furniture is in an active space, like a family room, select colors or patterns that disguise spills & stains. The more tightly woven the fabric, the better it will wear.
- If furniture is exposed to direct sunlight, choose outdoor or sunlight-resistant fabrics to reduce fading or close draperies during the brightest hours of the day.
- The proper level of use is determined through Wyzenbeek double rub testing. Double rubs refer to the number of abrasions fabric will endure before it shows noticeable wear.
- To print the yardage chart, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Yardage given is for estimating purposes only. Actual yardage needed will depend on fabric design and repeat.
SELECTING UPHOLSTERY FABRIC