Calico Blanket & Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 1/4yds cotton calico Fabric A
- 3 1/4yds cotton calico Fabric B
- Chalk pencil
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
DIRECTIONS: 1/2" seam allowance throughout. RS = Right side(s) WS = Wrong side(s)
Fabric A: Two 57"x36" pieces
Fabric B: Two 57"x36" pieces
Batting: 57"x71" piece
1. Sew front and back pieces together into two 57"x71" pieces.
2. Using a chalk pencil, draw 7" grid onto back for quilting.
3. Baste batting to WS of blanket front. Trim batting.
4. With RS together, sew outer edges of front and back; leave opening for turning.
5. Clip corners and turn blanket RS out. Close opening with slip stitching.
6. Lay blanket flat, smooth out wrinkles. Pin or baste front to back. Stitch on back through all thicknesses on
marked chalk lines to quilt. Finished size 56"x70".