Calico Embroidery Hoops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden embroidery hoop, desired size
- Calico fabric of choice
- Crafters knife or scissors
- Foam core board
- Painter's tape
1. Lay out the desired fabric on a flat surface, wrong side up.
2. Mark the center of the fabric with a strip of painters tape.
3. With a craft knife, cut foam core slightly smaller than inner hoop.
4. Draw a straight line with pencil through the center of the foam core.
5. Place foam core board on top of fabric. Match the pencil line with the tape line for placement.
6. Fold fabric around foam core and secure with tape. Fold corners neatly as you go for a tight fit.
7. Place fabric-wrapped foam core into inner hoop, place in outside hoop and tighten.