Camouflage Easter Baskets
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Easter Basket with natural finish
- Camouflage Fabric – 4" strip
- Burlap garland
- Cattails (2)
- Heather stalks (2)
- Cloth floral wire – 22 gauge
- Cardstock – 3 coordinating colors
- Inkpad – Brown
- Large button
- Wire cutters
- Iron & ironing board
- Glue or 3-D Zot
1. Fold fabric in half lengthwise wrong sides together and press. Weave the fabric strip through the pattern of the basket, beginning and ending at the left side of the handle, leaving the tails outside the basket.
2. Arrange the floral elements and trim the bottom stems so they are even with the bottom of the basket.
3. Wrap the bottom of the stems with wire and attach to the basket, leaving raw wire ends inside.
4. Wrap the next wire around the basket handle once, further up. Twist, and then use the ends to “catch” the major stems of the cluster (leaving grasses free). Twist wire to secure, and curl the tails by wrapping around a pencil or paint brush handle. Repeat another couple of inches higher, so that the cluster continues to curve over the basket handle. Curl wire ends.
5. Tie the tails of the camo fabric in a knot over the stems. Fray the fabric ends.
6. Tie several strands of burlap garland around the basket handle on both sides, and fray.
7. For the tag, print the message on a cardstock rectangle, distress with the inkpad, and layer onto two more coordinating colors in tag shapes. Punch a hole in the tag and loop several burlap strands through the hole; tie tag onto the handle. Tie burlap strands onto the button, through the holes, and attach to the tag with a 3-D Zot or glue.