Camouflage Star Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Shirt, any style; preferably 100% cotton
- Simply Spray Soft Fabric Paint Camouflage Pack
(Olive Green, Sand, Chestnut Brown)
- Stencil Spray Gold Glimmer, 1 can
- Star stencil
- Spray adhesive
- Newspaper or craft paper
- Paper towels
- Plastic or cardboard
(see instructions on Simply Spray can)
- Lay shirt flat on surface protected with newspaper or craft paper. Place plastic or cardboard inside shirt to prevent paint from bleeding through to the back.
- Lightly spray the back of the stencil with spray ashesive and adhere to the top center of the shirt (see photo), pressing down firmly.
- Mask around the stencil with paper towels so only the star appears and the rest of the shirt is protected.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, spray star in light layers with Stencil Spray Gold Glimmer. Do not shake can after opening. Start spraying on the paper towel and end on the paper towel to avoid spatter.
- Allow shirt to dry for approximately 20 minutes.
- Create the diagonal camouflage design across the shirt by pinching & and twisting numerous times (smaller or baby shirts, fewer times.) (Twisted shape will stay in place.)
- Following Simply Spray instructions, lightly spray pinched/twisted area of shirt with a Chestnut Brown stripe. Unfold & straighten the shirt, pinch and twist again numerous times, then lightly spray pinched/twisted area of shirt with an Olive Green stripe. Reminder: Spray only half the shirt in a diagonal line.
- Pinch and twist the shirt again. Spray again by alternating colors. Allow colors to touch and blend.
- Lay shirt flat and spray over the Olive Green and Chestnut Brown with Simply Spray Sand until half the shirt is covered completely.
- Lay flat to dry. Wait 72 hours before washing. Turn inside out when washing; do not use fabric softener.
Tip: Practice on an old T-shirt.