Candy -Coated Snowflake Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Circle Metal Cutter (approx. 3" dia.)Parchment PaperRecipe Right® Cookie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridCandy Melts® Candy: White (1/4 oz. per cookie), Light Cocoa (1/2 oz. per cookie)12" Disposable Decorating BagsWinter Wish Cookie Candy MoldParchment PaperPiping GelWhite Nonpareils
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Rolling pin
- Food-safe scissors
1. Make cookies. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Use circle cutter to cut shape. Bake cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie pan and allow to cool following recipe directions.
2. Make candy snowflakes. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted white candy in cut disposable decorating bag to mold snowflake in cookie candy mold without cookie. Reserve remaining melted white candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator 5 to 10 minutes. Unmold according to mold packaging directions.
3. Coat cookies with melted candy. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Place cookies on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Pour melted light cocoa candy over cookies. Gently tap cooling grid to remove excess melted candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator 10 minutes.
4. Decorate cookies. Use piping gel in cut disposable decorating bag to pipe line around side of cookie. Roll in nonpareils. Use reserved melted white candy in cut disposable decorating bag to attach candy snowflake to top of cookie. Allow to cool in refrigerator 3 to 5 minutes.