SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cardstock: white, green, light red
- 12"x12" Paper, cream holly print
- Glitter alphabet stickers, black
- Self-adhesive rhinestones
- Red marker
- Paper trimmer
- X-Acto® knife
- Self-healing cutting mat
- Glue stick (or adhesive of your choice)
- Provided pattern
back to top
1. Cut a 12"x6" strip of white cardstock; score, fold, and trim uneven edges if necessary.
2. Cut three 5 3/4" squares of cream holly print paper. Attach one to the front of the card with glue. On the
remaining two, use an X-Acto® knife and self-healing cutting mat to cut out tree shapes that are vertically
centered, approximately 2" from each edge of what will be the two panels on the inside of the card.
3. Cut a rectangle of light red cardstock 2 1/2"H x 3 1/4"W. Hill fold at the center vertical line and also at narrow flap
on each end. Glue flaps to the inside of card, so the card opens and closes smoothly.
4. Cut candy cane pop-up pattern from light red cardstock. With red marker, add diagonal stripes. Make hill and
valley folds as indicated by the fold lines on the pattern. Glue flaps to the inside of the card, making sure that
when closed, the candy canes do not extend beyond the top margin of the card. Open and close the card a few
times, to make certain the flaps are correctly positioned. Cut 2 single candy canes from light red cardstock;
add stripes, and glue behind the pop-up candy canes.
5. Cut the inside cuff pattern from white cardstock. Hill fold vertically at the center and also at narrow flap on
each end. Position between the stocking and the candy canes. Before gluing, make certain the candy canes
have enough room to fold inside the cuff. If there is insufficient room, cut a slightly wider cuff.
6. Cut mini stockings from light red cardstock and add red marker stripes. Attach to trees. Cut holly leaf and
berries. Attach number stickers "2010," holly leaf and berries to the cuff. Embellish the inside of card with
self-adhesive gems, as desired.
7. Front of card: Trace and cut out stocking pattern on light red cardstock. Use an X-Acto® knife to make tree
cut-out. Attach to front of card. Cut the second cuff from white cardstock and hill fold narrow flaps at each
end. Attach "JOY" stickers, two holly leaves, berries and self-adhesive gems.