Candy Cane Spoons
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- Candy Melts® Candy:
- Bright White & Dark Cocoa:
- 3 oz. ea makes 22 to 24 spoons
- Candy Cane Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Sprinkles Assortments: Jimmies, green sugars & shaped sprinkles used
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Primary Candy Melts® Candy Decorating Pens: Black used
- 5-Pc. Decorating Brush Set
- Microwave-safe bowls
- Food-safe scissors
- Rolling pin
- Large black spice drops
- Granulated sugar
- Plastic ruler
- Paper napkins
1. Dip candy cane spoons. Melt Bright White and Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® candy, separately, in microwave-safe bowls according to package directions. Dip candy cane spoons into melted candy. Tap candy cane spoons gently on edge of bowls to remove excess candy. For dark cocoa-dipped spoons, immediately cover in sprinkles or colored sugar. Place on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer remaining melted white candy to a disposable decorating bag. Cut a small point off tip when ready to decorate.
2. Add facial features for snowmen.
Use melted Bright White candy to attach orange jimmies for noses.
Hold until set, about 30 seconds.
Use black candy decorating pen to dot eyes and mouths.
3. Make hats. For brim of hat, use the rolling pin to roll out large black spice drops 1/8" thick on granulated sugar-covered surface. Use knife to cut circles, each 1¹/8" dia. For top of hat, use knife to cut tip off of spice drops. Use damp brush to attach spice drops to brims. Use brush and melted white candy to attach hats to top of heads. Prop candy cane spoons up on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet using crumpled paper napkins. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 3 to 5 minutes.