Candy Coated Pretzel Nest Recipe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® Candy Melts® Pot
- Cookie cooling racks
- Parchment paper
- Candy Melts® packages: white & green
- 1/2 lb pretzels
- 12oz bag Cadbury® mini eggs or whoppers eggs (or other Easter egg shaped candy)
- Candy dipping fork
- Soften white candy melts in Wilton® Candy Melts® pot.
- Dip pretzels in white candy melts by using fork to completely immerse- and then place them on cooling rack until completely cool and dry.
- When pretzels have set, add green candy melts to pot and melt.
- Lay out pretzels and candy eggs, and set out parchment paper.
- Arrange pretzels into a circular “nest” shape on parchment paper- using about 6-8 pretzels per “nest”.
- Spoon green candy melts into candy melts squeeze bottle.
- Drizzle green candy melts over pretzels in a random, zig-zag pattern to replicate grass
- Immediately place egg candy onto “nests” while green candy is still melted, and allow to cool completely.