Candy Flowers Whoopie Pies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton&® foodcrafting supplies:Candy Melts Candy: Lavender, Pink, Orange12" Disposable Decorating BagsParchment Paper10" x 14" Cake Boards24-Cavity Mini Whoopie Pie PanDecorating Tip 12
- Food-safe scissors
- Yellow candy-coated chocolates
- Favorite chocolate whoopie pie & filling recipe
1. Melt lavender, pink and orange Candy Melts candy, separately, according to package directions. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bags to pipe loops on parchment paper-covered cake board. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bag to pipe a dot on small squares of parchment paper. Place in mini whoopie pie pan. Arrange candy loops in petal formation. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bag to pipe a dot in center and attach candy-coated chocolate in center. Allow to set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake whoopie pies and allow to cool. Prepare filling following recipe directions. Fill disposable decorating bag with filling. Cut disposable decorating bag and use tip 12 to pipe filling on one whoopie pie. Sandwich with another whoopie pie.
4. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bag to attach candy flowers to top of whoopie pies.