Candy Jar Medallions
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Silver baking cups: large & small
- Foamies® craft foam: silver, blue, red glitter
- 1-1/2" wide red, white & blue wired ribbon
- Cardstock: white, blue
- Spring hole-punch & self-healing mat
- Paper-wrapped stem wire
- Blue paint
- Zots™ self-adhesive dots: large & small
- Scissors and pinking shears
- Pen (or computer)
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
1. Trim paper-wrapped stem wire to the proper height for candy jars. Paint stem blue.
2. Flatten a large and a small baking cup; trim small flattened baking cup with pinking shears.
3. Using pinking shears, cut a red glitter craft foam circle smaller than the small baking cup. Cut a blue glitter craft foam star. Attach the layers with self-adhesive dots.
4. Using pinking shears, cut a silver craft foam circle slightly smaller than the large baking cup. Place silver circle behind large baking cup. Sandwich the wire between the silver circle and the large baking cup; secure with self-adhesive dots. Punch two holes in the center of the medallion (like a button) on either side of the wire, through all layers.
5. Cut a 10" length of ribbon and thread through the 2 holes, from the back, leaving a loose loop on the front. Straighten out and trim ribbon ends.
6. On the back of the medallion, attach a craft foam star to the center with self-adhesive dots.
7. Using white cardstock, make small tags that say HELP YOURSELF!, DIG IN!, etc. Mount on slightly larger blue cardstock and attach under the front star with small self-adhesive dots.
8. Insert stems into candy jars and fill with candy.