SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:Candy Melts Candy: yellow, green, orange & light cocoa12" disposable decorating bags10-pack candy mold setDessert accents candy mold8"x2" SQUARE PAN14-1/2"x20" cooling grid13" angled spatulaChocolate ready-to-use decorator icingCake decorating tips: 2, 5, 10Flowerful Medley 6-cell sprinkles
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
1. In advance, make candy trims. Melt Candy Melts candy, separately, according to package directions. Use melted candy, cut disposable decorating bags and alphabet mold set to mold 2-tone letters: Fill cavities 1/4" deep with melted pink candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm. Fill remainder of same mold with melted cocoa candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm. Also, use melted candy, disposable decorating bags and dessert accents mold to mold four swirls in each color. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm. Gently unmold letters and swirls according to mold package directions.
2. Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and allow to cool completely. Use knife to torte into two equal layers to make a 4" high cake.
3. Decorate cake. Use spatula and chocolate decorator icing to ice cake smooth. Use tip 2, a cut disposable decorating bag and chocolate icing to attach candy swirls and confetti sprinkles to cake sides. Use tip 5, a cut disposable decorating bag and chocolate icing to pipe bead top border. Use tip 10, a cut disposable decorating bag and chocolate icing to pipe bead bottom border and dots for candleholders. Position candy letters and candles on top of cake.
Project Tip: Create different colored candy swirls using Wilton Candy Melts candy.