SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Stamper’s Big Brush Pens: Pink Madder Manganese Violet Light Cobalt Turquoise Cadmium Yellow Nougat Black Cold Grey III
- GelatosTM Colors: Red Cherry Metallic Melon Metallic Grape Blueberry Cotton Candy Green Tea Lemon Metallic Gold Champagne Black Licorice Butterscotch
- PITT® Artist Pens (brush nib): Light Cobalt Turquoise Black Manganese Violet
- Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils: #124, #130, #136, #250, #251, #176
- Mini spritzer
- 3-8" circles Duck Cloth or Donna Downey Natural Canvas
- 3 wood embroidery hoops
- 3-24" pieces of seam binding
- Baby wipes
- Heat gun
- Stamps: Unity’s Where You Are and Create Today, Hero Arts Friendship Definition Background
- Stamp blocks: 2"x2", 4"x4", 4"x6"
- 3 foam brushes
1. Trace embroidery hoop onto canvas.
2. Using Stamper's Big Brushes Pink Madder, Cadmium Yellow, and Cool Grey III stamp definition background. It’s easiest if you use the brayer to burnish the ink onto the canvas. There’s no need to re-ink the stamp between uses because you’ll get 3-4 generations.
3. Stamp sentiment in Stamper's Big Brush Light Cobalt Turquoise. Apply GelatoTM Colors (Lemon, Green Tea, Cotton Candy) and rub-in with wet fingers. Add more color with GelatoTM Colors until desired background is achieved. Set to dry.
4. Lightly mist the wildflower stamp and apply GelatoTM Colors from darkest to lightest in
color from the bottom up (Blueberry, Cotton Candy, Green Tea) and stamp at the bottom of the canvas. Mist and stamp again twice. Using the same technique apply the GelatoTM Colors to the flying bird stamp and stamp onto canvas. To create ink splatter, color down some Blueberry GelatoTM Color on a stamping block, mist, mix, and use the paint brush to flick paint across canvas. Dry. Use Light Cobalt Turquoise brush-tipped PITT® Artist Pen to go over the sentiment darker if needed.
5. To create your custom ribbon, cut (3) 24" pieces of seam binding. Using a palette, color down GelatoTM Colors pigment into each well (Cotton Candy, Gold Champagne, Metallic Grape) Add water and mix well with a paint brush. Ball up each length of ribbon & dip into the GelatoTM/water mix. One color for each length of ribbon. Unravel and dry.
6. To tint the wooden hoop, clean out palette with wipe and color down some ink with the Stamper’s Big Brush Pens (Pink Madder, Nougat, Light Cobalt Turquoise). Add Glaze to fill each well. Using a foam brush per each color, blend well, and apply to wooden hoop. Dry.
7. To assemble the finished hoop, place finished canvas over inner circle, loosen screw at the top of the outer hoop, and fit the outer hoop over the canvas wrapped inner hoop. Cut the excess canvas, tighten the screw, and tie the dyed ribbon around the screw forming a bow.