Canvas with Funkins
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" art canvas (3)
- KrylonÂ® Gloss Spray Paint â€“ Black, Citrus Green, Pumpkin Orange, Purple
- KrylonÂ® Webbing Paint - Black
- 6" FunkinsÂ® Carvable Pumpkins (3)
- Cutting knife for FunkinsÂ®
- 1" painterâ€™s tape
- X-ActoÂ® knife
- 8"x 10" sheet of medium grit sandpaper
- 1" circle template
1. Draw a vertical line around center of FunkinÂ®.
2. Carefully cut FunkinÂ® in half along line.
3. Lay cut side on sandpaper and sand until flat.
4. Use painter's tape to mask off Funkins.
â€¢ Circles - lightly press tape onto foil before drawing and cutting 17 â€“ 20 1" circles. Randomly and firmly press circles onto Funkin and spray with Citrus Yellow Gloss Paint.
â€¢ Stripes â€“ Spray Funkin with Citrus Yellow Gloss Paint. Allow to dry thoroughly before applying painterâ€™s tape. Use contour of Funkin as guide and mask off stripes. If necessary, shape with X-ActoÂ® knife. Spray with purple gloss paint.
â€¢ Squares â€“ Cut 1" squares from painterâ€™s tape and using contour of FunkinÂ® as guide, arrange in a checker board pattern. If necessary, shape with exacto knife. Spray with purple gloss paint.
5. Spray canvases purple, yellow and orange; allow to dry thoroughly.
6. Splay each canvas with black webbing paint; allow to dry thoroughly.
7. For frame effect, use paper and tape to mask off centers of canvases leaving 1" all around the edges. Spray edges black.
8. When dry, remove tape and glue to centers of canvases.