SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds of 45" or 60" print fabric
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Fold fabric in half then fold in half again the other direction.
2. From the point where the two folded edges meet measure out 22" along a fold and place a pin. Measure out 22" from the same point along the other folded edge and place a pin. Measure out 22" from the point in the space between the pins several times and an arc design of pins will form. Draw an arc connecting the pins then cut along the line which forms a 44" round piece of fabric when unfolded.
3. Fold back as it was and measure 3" out and pin at the folds and in between to form a small arc. Draw the arc and cut along the lines to form the neckline.
4. Unfold one fold then cut along one remaining fold to make the cape opening.
5. Hem cape opening and outer edge.
6. Cut a bias 18"x45", piece if necessary. Find the center of the bias length and pin right sides together at center back, pin bias strip around neckline to center front, sew 1/4" seam allowance. Fold bias over neckline edges and top stitch in place. Sew the remaining bias to form ties.