Cardinal in the Pines Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd solid-color cotton fabric
- 1/2 yd Cardinal in Pines fabric
- 3/4 yd novelty trim
- 1 small bag polyester fiberfil
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Measurements include 1/2" seam allowance.
- Cut one 15"x13" piece of solid-color fabric.
- Cut two 21"x5" pieces of solid-color fabric.
- Cut one 7"x13" piece of Cardinal in Pines fabric.
- Gather both long edges of 21"x5" solid fabric stitch by using a long machine stitch along the seam line. Repeat stitch 1/4" away from 1st row of stitching inside the seam allowance.
- Pull bobbin threads, adjusting to 13" length.
- Refer to PDF/photo. Right sides together, stitch both gathered pieces to either side of Cardinal in Pines fabric along 13" edge so Cardinal in Pines fabric is centered between the 2 solid sections.
- Cut two 13" lengths of trim. Pin trim along 13" seams. Hand-sew in place.
- Right sides together, pin Cardinal in Pines fabric & gathered pieced front to solid 15"x13" section.
- Stitch along all edges, leaving 5" opening along 1 edge for turning.
- Clip corners & turn right-side-out. Stuff pillow.
- Slipstitch opening closed.