Cardinal Wreath & Arrangement
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ribbon: red, white
- Pine wreath
- Pine centerpiece form
- Glass hurricane vase
- Large cardinal
- Box of cardinals
- 2 holly berry bush
- 2 red poinsettia bushes
- 2 brown curly willow sprays
- 12" grapevine wreath
- White poinsettia, hydrangea bush
- 3 pine branches
- 2"x3" floral foam
- 22-gauge cloth stem wire
- Cutting utensil
- Glue gun, glue sticks
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo. RS = Right side(s)
1. Spread pine wreath branches for a natural look. Trim long stem from pine branches, leaving 1". Wire 1 long branch on lower left. Cut other branch in half. Wire 1 piece to upper left & other to lower right. Pine cones form a triangle.
2. Remove piece that holds grapevine wreath in place. Unwind & pull to loosen. Reserve scraps. Wire vine to wreath.
3. Trim pieces of curly willow. Wire on lower left, leaving branch dramatically long on left side.
4. Cut bush stems apart. Push leaves all the way to flower heads. Repeat with pine cones & holly bushes. Trim off long stem. Turn flower heads upside down. Run glue along stem. Allow to run down to flower head to form pick. Glue flower & berry picks into place. Glue cardinals in place. Add ribbon.
1. Shape pine centerpiece form. Cut pine branch in half. Trim long stem. Wedge pieces of floral foam partially under metal cup that will hold hurricane. Stand hurricane with candle on metal plate. Glue foam in place.
2. Turn arrangement upside down. Glue scrap leaves to bottom to protect table. Turn RS up. Place generous amounts of glue on side of metal plate where it meets foam. Repeat on other side.
3. Dab glue on 1 pine branch piece. Insert on one side, leaving branch high. Trim other pine branch & glue pieces in place. Insert pieces of scrap grapevine, from wreath, into floral foam.
4. Trim all bush stems off their bases to create picks as done in wreath Step 4.
5. Cut curly willow off long stem. Glue long piece on same side as long pine branch. Glue short pieces to other side. Glue poinsettias, cones, berries & cardinals in place.