Carried Away Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Arte Metal:17x16.5mm watchful bird (1)22x10mm embossed key bric-a-brac (1)
- Natural Brass:31x26.5mm guitar pick altered blank (1)Heart & key set (1ea)2mm delicate curb chain (16")21x6mm tiny hook & eye clasp (1)4.75mm jump rings (5)7.25mm jump ring (1)
- Steel bench block
- Rubber dampening block
- 4 oz. ball peen hammer
- Metal reliefing block
- 1.5mm hole punch plier
- Metal Awl
- Flush cutters
- Chain nose pliers (2)
1. Place steel bench block on rubber dampening block. Place guitar altered blank on steel bench block. Use the round end of ball peen hammer to create dimples and texture around the edges of the metal.
2. Use the white side of metal reliefing block to highlight the raised areas of textured blank for added dimension and a rustic look.
3. Use 1.5mm hole punch plier to punch holes approximately 1/4" on each side of pre-drilled hole on wide side of blank. Add a hole to the bottom point of blank, opposite center hole.
4. Attach arte metal watchful bird to the punched hole at top pointed end of the textured side of blank using a 7.25mm jump ring.
5. Attach arte metal embossed key from center hole with 4.75mm jump ring. Attach natural brass tiny key to the left of embossed key. Attach natural brass tiny heart to right of embossed key.
6. String chain through 7.25mm jump ring. Use metal awl to carefully enlarge the end links of chain. Attach tiny hook & eye clasp with 4.75mm jump rings to complete necklace.