Carrot Candy Boxes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sizzix® Petal Drop Bigz Die and Vagabond machine
- Tim Holtz® idea-ology™:
- Green Jute String
- Wallflower Paper Stash
- Core’dination® Tim Holtz® Kraft-core™ cardstock
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink
- Tea Dye and Ink Blending Tool
- Score tool
- Small hole punch
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Jelly beans or candy
1. Die-cut 4 pcs of Kraft-core™ or Wallflower Paper Stash for each carrot using the Petal Drop Bigz Die.
2. Ink the edges with Tea Dye distress ink on an ink blending tool.
3. Make a small pencil mark at the center top of the arch of each petal.
4. Measure down 1" from the top mark and place a small pencil mark on the right and left edge of the arch of each petal.
5. Score a triangle connecting the points and fold all score lines.
6. Punch a small hole 1/2" below the pencil mark at the top of each arch.
7. Sew petals together on long sides with a zigzag stitch stopping before the score line.
8. Cut three 5" pieces of green jute string.
9. Fill carrots with jelly beans or candy.
10. Thread jute string through opposite holes and tie.
11. Use third string to tie all the jute strings together to form carrot top.
12. To fray ends of jute strings, untwist & trim to a variety of lengths.
Select Color:Click on a swatch to check availability and Add to BagCOLOR:View Details