Cascading Ombre Pearl Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12mm hematite glass pearls
- 10mm hematite glass pearls
- 8mm hematite glass pearls
- 10mm grey glass pearls
- 8mm grey glass pearls
- 6mm grey glass pearls
- 10mm white pearls
- 8mm white pearls
- 6mm white pearls
- 4mm white pearls
- Silver S-hook clasp set
- Crimp beads
- Beading wire of choice
- Crimp tool
- Wire cutters
1. Bottom strand: Slide a crimp bead onto the beading wire, and fold the wire back through to create a loop that is about 1/8". Use the crimp tool to crimp the crimp bead. Trim off any excess wire.
2. Trim the wire at the other end so it is 12" long.
3. String 3 -8mm hematite pearls onto the wire, followed by 5 -10mm hematite pearls, then 9 -12mm hematite pearls, 5 -10mm hematite pearls, and 3 -8mm pearls.
4. Slide a crimp bead onto the wire, and repeat Step 1. Make sure the crimp sits close to the beads so there are no gaps.
5. Middle strand: Repeat Steps 1 and 2. String 3 -6mm grey pearls and 1 -8mm grey pearl onto the wire. Take one of the crimped loops from the bottom strand, and slide it onto the wire. Follow it with 3 more 8mm grey pearls, 16 -10mm pearls, and 3 -8mm pearls. Take the other end of the crimped loop from the bottom strand and slide it onto the wire. String on 1 more 8mm pearl, and 3 -6mm pearls. Repeat Step 1 to crimp end shut.
6. Top strand: Slide a crimp bead on the beading wire, followed by one side of the toggle clasp. Fold the wire back through to create a loop that is about 1/8" and so that the toggle moves freely. Trim excess wire.
7. Trim the wire at the other end so that it is 18" long.
8. Slide 21-4mm white pearls onto the beading wire and 1 -6mm white pearl. Slide one of the crimped loops from the middle strand onto the wire, 2 more 6mm pearls, 3 -8mm pearls, 14 -10 mm pearls, 3 -8mm pearls, and 2 -6mm pearls. Slide the other end of the crimped loop from the middle strand onto the wire, 1 more 6mm pearl, followed by 21 -4mm pearls.
9. Repeat Step 6 with the other side of the toggle clasp.