SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/8 yd each: 4 print fabrics or fat quarters (A, B, C, D)
- 5/8 yd fabric for lining
- 1/4 yd fabric for ties
- 1/2 yd Warm & Natural batting
SIZE: Fits 9" casserole dish. 1/4" seam allowance. Any 9-1/2" quilt block design may be used. For larger casserole dishes, increase the size of the blocks.
9-1/2" NINE-PATCH SQUARES: Make 4.
- Cut three 3-1/2"x11" strips from each print fabric or fat quarter. Lay fabrics in ABA, BAB, CDC, DCD patterns. Sew strips together. Press.
- Cut sewn strips into three 3-1/2" sections.
- Sew sections together to form 4 nine-patch squares. Press. Trim to 9-1/2". Sew the 4 nine-patch squares together to create a 18-1/2" square.
- Cut 18-1/2" square of lining. Cut two 18-1/2" squares of Warm & Natural batting. Layer lining, Warm & Natural batting and top. Baste with edges even. Quilt as desired.
- Cut two 2-3/4"x36" pieces for loop and two 2-3/4"x21" pieces for ties. Press pieces in half, open up, then press edges to center. Sew strips to edges of square. as shown in Fig 1, using 3/8" seam, having ends extend past square. Edge stitch ties together to end. Fold loop ends over and sew.
- Pull ties through loops. Tie to cover casserole.