Caterpillar & Bumblebee
- Sculpey Bake Shop Clay,1 pkg each: white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black
- Firefly Tool Set
- Oven or craft oven
- Oven thermometer
- Baking sheet
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 275 F. Condition clay by kneading it until soft and pliable.
1. BUMBLEBEE SHAPES:
Wings: two 1 1/2" white teardrops
Body: two 1/2" yellow balls, three 1/2" black balls
Head: 1/2" black ball
Antennae: 2 yellow snakes for antennas
Face: Flat yellow heart for the face, orange ball for nose, tiny red ball for tongue, 2 tiny black balls for eyes
Legs: 6 black clubs
2. BUMBLEBEE ASSEMBLY: Press the yellow and black balls together to form the body; shape them into an oval. Carve mouth on head with knife tool. Press head on body. Press on tongue, nose and eyes. Attach legs to body. Carve lines on wings with knife tool. Press on wings. Set bumblebee aside.
3. CATERPILLAR SHAPES: Mix green with white to make light green.
Head: 3/4" light green ball
Body: 3 green balls, 3 light green balls. Make balls progressively smaller from 3/4" to 1/2"
Antennae: 2 green snakes
Body Dots: 12 red balls, 12 yellow balls
Face: small red ball for tongue, small blue ball for nose, 2 tiny black balls for eyes
4. CATERPILLAR ASSEMBLY: Press & flatten red and yellow body dots on body balls. Press body balls together. Carve mouth with knife tool. Press head on body. Press on tongue, nose, eyes & antennae.
5. Bake the Bumblebee and the Caterpillar on a baking sheet according to package directions. Allow to cool.