1. Paint the six 2" balls and two 1" balls green. Paint the remaining 1" ball black. Let dry.
2. Assemble five of the body parts on the table and push them together firmly where desired to create an indent in the foam. Position the head at the end of the body and press firmly onto the top portion of the body so the head is looking up slightly. To link the parts together; cut five 1½" pieces of chenille stem and insert an end into each indent in the balls where they meet. For added support, white tacky glue can be used on the ends of the chenille stems.
3. Cut the 1" black ball in half and squeeze with fingers to form two small rounded eyes; glue the eyes to the face. For pupil, dot with glitter glue. Let dry.
4. To make the legs; cut fourteen 3" pieces of chenille stems. Note: Four 3" pieces can be cut from one stem.
5. Bend each 3" piece in half and make a tiny loop at the folded end to create the foot. Twist the loose ends together and glue the loose ends into the body. The second ball in from the tail end gets two legs on each side, the next ball up gets two legs on each side. The ball below the head gets three legs on each side. Attach the legs down towards the belly of each segment.
6. To make the antennae; cut a 6" piece of chenille stem and fold it in half. Push a 1" green ball onto the end of each antennae and glue the antennae into the top of the head.
7. Cut two 1" pieces of chenille stem, bend them slightly and push them into the front of the face about 1/2" apart for the mandibles.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>