SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Birthday Wishes stack
- DCWV® sketch with pennants
- 4"x6" photo
- 2 12"x12" sheets of black cardstock
- 12"x12" sheet of ivory cardstock
- Border punch
- Circle punch
- Scalloped edge scissors
- Black thread (optional)
- Paper crafting adhesive (including adhesive foam tape)
- Paper trimmer
1. Cut the blue "happy birthday" paper to 11-1/2" square and mat with black cardstock to create the background.
2. Cut a 10" square of the star background print and attach to the center of the layout, machine straight stitching around the perimeter if desired.
3. Cut a 6"x8" rectangle of the yellow stripe paper and attach right of the center as shown.
4. Cut a 3"x5" rectangle from the light graph paper print, punching a decorative border on the right edge. Attach this section near the top right are. Machine straight and/or zig zag stitches around the edges if desired.
5. Mat the photo with ivory cardstock and then black cardstock. Mount as shown.
6. Cut a 1"x10" strip of red striped paper, cutting notches in the ends, and machine straight stitch around the perimeter if desired. Adhere across the page from the left, just above the photo.
7. Cut the "celebrate" strip of paper 10" long with notches in the end and attach over the red strip using foam tape for dimension.
8. Cut a 1"x10" strip of the yellow candle print paper, using a scalloped edge scissors to cut along one edge. Accordion-fold and attach at the end to create a round rosette approximately 2" across. Punch a 1-1/2" circle from the blue Birthday print and attach it to the center of the rosette. Cut 2, 1-1/2" strips of green striped paper with notches in the end and attach to the rosette. Cut a number birthday candle and attach to the center of the rosette. Mount the rosette in the upper left corner.
9. Using word strips, scraps of papers and cut out icons (i.e. cupcakes), create a banner with about 6 flags. Machine stitch the tops together or attach using string. Add this to the layout using foam tape behind the flags for dimension.