Celebrate Autumn Woopie Pies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Autumn Whoopie Pie Pan10"x16" Cooling Grid12" Disposable Decorating BagsParchment PaperCake Decorating Tips 1 & 10Candy Melts Candy: Light Cocoa, Orange, Red, Yellow, Vibrant Green9" Angled Spatula15-1/4"x10-1/4" Cookie Pan15" Parchment Triangles
- Whoopie Pie recipe (see Wilton.com)
- Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pie Filling recipe (see Wilton.com)
1. Make whoopie pies. Prepare whoopie pie batter following recipe directions. Bake whoopie pies and allow to cool completely.
2. Make filling. Prepare Pumpkin Spice filling following recipe directions. Use tip 10, a disposable decorating bag and filling to cover back of one whoopie pie. Place a second whoopie pie on top to sandwich together.
3. Cover whoopie pies with melted candy. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use spatula and melted Candy Melts candy to spread a layer of melted candy on bottom of whoopie pies. Place on parchment paper. Allow to cool in refrigerator 5 to 10 minutes. Position whoopie pies on cooling grid over parchment paper. Use disposable decorating bag and melted candy to cover whoopie pie. Gently tap grid to smooth candy. Use spatula and carefully move whoopie pies to parchment paper-covered cookie pan. Allow to cool in refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes or until completely set.
4. Decorate whoopie pies. Melt orange, red, yellow and green Candy Melts candy, separately, according to package directions. Tape tip 1 to end of cut parchment bag. The decorating tip is taped to the outside of the parchment bag in case you need to reheat the candy, then all you do is remove the tape and the tip and reheat the candy in the parchment bag using the microwave. Use melted candy in parchment bag to pipe leaf vines on top of whoopie pies. Allow to cool in refrigerator 3 minutes or until set.
Project Tip: For more colorful autumn whoopie pies, use orange, red and yellow Candy Melts candy to cover whoopie pies following the directions above. Before candy sets, sprinkle with Wilton colored sugars in contrasting colors.
It is more convenient to use parchment bags when working with smaller amounts of melted candy. Use disposable decorating bags when working with larger amounts of melted candy.