Celebrate Christmas Tree Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- David Tutera™ Celebrate supplies:Step 2 Layer: A7 Edge Stamp Asst.Step 2 Layer: A7 Emboss Swirl Asst.Step 2 Layer: A7 Emboss Combo Silver MetallicStep 3: A7 Border Strips
- Paper mache cone form
- Gingham ribbon
- Corner rounder
- Star paper punch, die cut or template
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Sanding tool
1. Select the following: green stamp edge, green and red swirl emboss, the Swiss dot, and chevron embossed silver from the A7 Step Two Asst. packs. Cut all layers in half lengthwise.
2. Using the sanding tool, sand all of the red and green swirl embossed pieces.
3. Cut all half sheets into 1" strips, running the strips vertically.
4. Using a corner rounder, round two vertical corners on all strips except for the stamp-edged strips.
5. Using a hot glue gun and glue sticks, adhere the strips to the paper mache cone, beginning at the bottom in rows, and working up the cone. Alternate colors.
6. Select Kraft colored A7 border strips. Cut into 2" sections.
7. Using a hot glue gun and glue sticks, adhere border strip sections to tree as desired.
8. When all of the paper strips are adhered, gently roll the ends of the paper strips up.
9. Using a paper punch, die cut, or template, cut a star from the center of a Kraft colored A7 Edge Stamp Step Two later. Score star and fold to create tree topper. Adhere to tip of paper mache form.
10. Attach knotted section of gingham ribbon to star center.
11. Using a hot glue gun and glue sticks, attach burlap to bottom of tree base to create tree skirt.