SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur® machine:
- Classic Ovals
- Grand Ovals
- Classic Scallop
- Classic Bracket
- Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box
- Cream cardstock
- Recollections® flat back pearls
- Hug Snug seam binding -- cream
- Bead Landing™ Filigree
- Scor-Pal® scoring board & Scor-Tape
- Waltzingmouse: Join Us and Say It Loud stamps
1. Cut cream cardstock to 7-1/2" x 11", score at 5-1/2" to create card base.
2. Layer with blue cardstock panel cut to 7" x 5".
3. Cut a blue cardstock panel to 6-3/4" x 4-3/4" and cut opening using Grand Ovals #2 (#1 is the smallest) in the Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine.
4. Cut a cream cardstock panel to 6-7/8" x 4-7/8" and cut opening using Grand Ovals #1.
5. Emboss blue panel with Valor embossing folder. To emboss the length of the paper, start with paper placed at the edge of the embossing design. On the second pass lay paper in place and match pattern taking a moment to feel the previous embossing fall into place on template, then emboss again. Embellish petal motifs with pearls.
6. Adhere both frame panels and attach to card base using foam tape.
7. Stamp “Celebrate" and flourish elements on a cream panel.
8. Position Classic Ovals over stamped images, secure with low tack tape, and cut/emboss.
9. Cut border using Spellbinders™ Edgeabilities® Classic Scallop and Classic Bracket Edges. Emboss a 1" wide scrap of blue cardstock using reverse side of Valor and apply to center of border; embellish each petal motif with a pearl then adhere border vertically on card.
10. Cross card with two pieces of seam binding and adhere filigree element on left side of card. Top with bow, button and pearl.
11. Pinwheel Top Box Instructions
12. Cut/emboss three Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box - two cream and one blue in the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® machine. Set one cream box top aside.
13. Score 1" out from each of the score lines on each pinwheel - on one blue and one cream top.
14. Cut two 1"x12" strips of blue cardstock.
15. Using blue Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box flat on table, place glue on each segment of scored pinwheel. Hold 1" strip upright on flat Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box along the 1" score mark and curl each leg of pinwheel up and over the upright 1" strip. Do this for all five Pinwheels - ends of strip will meet in the middle of the side of the last pinwheel where it should be trimmed to fit before the pinwheel is glued over it. This will be your box bottom. Repeat this using Cream Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box and blue strip. This will be your box top.
16. Cut a panel 2-1/2" x 11". Emboss with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities™ Valor folder. Make 5 score lines at 1-3/4" intervals. Apply Scor-Tape along bottom and one side of the panel. Adhere panel on the outside of the blue box bottom unit created and at the same time adhere the side closing the body of the box.
17. Cut border using Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Scallop and Classic Bracket Edges with cream cardstock.
18. Emboss a blue scrap using reverse side of Valor and apply to center of border; embellish each petal motif with a pearl then adhere border horizontally around box. Center filigree element centered on one side of box. Top with bow, button and pearl.
19. Place cream box top unit you created on top of the box and place Scor-Tape on top of the box. Using remaining cream-colored Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box, assemble as normal and adhere on top of box.
20. Adhere filigree element to front of box, top with bow, button and pearl.
(Optional - you can piece the bottom of the Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box after it is in place and trim out near edges to create a taller interior to the box).