Chain Maille Pendant
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Gold jump rings, 8mm & 10mm
- Silver texture rings, 6mm & 8mm
- Silver twist ring, 22mm
- Silver jump rings, 6mm
- Silver lobster clasp, 12mm
- Silver chain
- Flat pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut a segment of silver chain 20" long.
2. Open each of the following rings with flat pliers:
- Gold 8mm
- Silver textured 6mm and 8mm
- Silver jump rings 6mm
3. Take the 22mm twist ring, eight 10mm gold rings, and attach 4 in the front and 4 in the back of the 22mm ring, using two 8mm silver textured rings in between. The 8 rings should be situated in the North, South, East and West “corners” of the large ring. These will be held on using the 8mm silver textured rings running perpendicular to the rest of the rings.
4. Attach five 8mm gold rings through the 22mm ring, and 10mm gold rings, from the step #3.
5. Attach two 6mm silver textured rings, through the five 8mm gold rings from step #4.
6. Repeat the step #5 to all 4 corners.
7. Attach an 8mm textured ring through two of the 6mm textured rings on one corner. This will be the ring at the top of pendant that holds it onto the chain.
8. String the chain through the 8mm ring from step #7.
9. Attach a 6mm jump ring to one end of the chain, and a 6mm jump ring and 12mm lobster clasp to the other end.