Chain Reaction Coin Purse
- Silver Blue Moon Beads® chains: Fine, wide cable, medium cable, large
- Coin purse
- 5 ornate buttons
- Black embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Silver jump rings
- Flat-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Evenly space and sew the ornate buttons across the top of the coin purse, just under the metal rim.
2. Use wire cutters to cut chains to the following lengths:
9 3/4" large chain: Chain A
7 3/4" fine chain: Chain B
7 1/4" medium cable chain: Chain C
6 1/2" fine chain: Chain D
5 1/2" wide cable chain: Chain E
4" fine chain: Chain F
3. Open the chain link on one end of Chain A. Put the link through the shank of the 1st button, working right to left on the coin purse. Secure link closed.
4. Open the link on the other end of Chain A and secure it to the shank of the 5th button to create a draping chain.
5. The links in the fine chain are too small to connect around the button shank, so attach a jump ring to one end of Chain B and secure the jump ring around the shank of the 1st button. Repeat to secure the other end around the shank of the 5th button which is also connected to Chain A.
6. Align end links of Chain C with Chain D. Stitch end links to the coin purse between the 1st and 2nd buttons.
7. To secure the opposite ends of Chain C and Chain D, stitch the end links between the 4th and 5th buttons.
8. Secure Chain E to the 2nd button with the end link; secure the other end of Chain E around the shank of the 4th button with the other end link.
9. Use a jump ring to secure the end link of Chain F to the shank of the 2nd button. Use another jump ring to secure the other end of Chain F around the shank of the 4th button.
10. Check that all connections of the links and jump rings to the shanks of the buttons are secured.