Chair Pocket Organizer
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:
- 1 pkg Neutral Solids PUL fabric
- 1 pkg Stars or other printed Fold Over Elastic (FOE)
- Dritz® notions:
- Tape measure
- Mark-B-Gone™ marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Seam allowances 1/2". RS = Right sides, WS = Wrong side.
Measure circumference of chair back, 7" down from top of chair. Divide measurement in half for cut width.
Red PUL for chair back: Cut width x24". Yellow PUL for pocket: Cut width x93?8". Red PUL for small pocket: Two 51?2" long. Stitch along 51?2" sides. Trim width to
cut width + 1".
1. Stitch Star FOE to top edge of chair back, to yellow pocket & to red pocket using a 3-step zigzag stitch.
2. Pocket tucks: Mark along bottom edge of red pocket. Starting at right corner, measure & mark at 1", 11?2", 51?2" & 6". On RS, bring inside marks to outside marks, forming a 1/4" tuck at each set of marks. Pin & baste.
3. On RS of yellow pocket, mark line 11?2" up from bottom edge. RS together, align bottom edge of red pocket just below line. Remainder of red pocket will extend beyond yellow pocket. Stitch pockets together 1/2" from red pocket edge. Turn red pocket up & press. Do not let iron touch laminate side of PUL.
4. Pin & baste edges of red pocket to yellow pocket. Pin pocket flat & stitch large pocket 1/2" from inside tuck. This pocket will be fuller. Stitch remaining pockets as desired.
5. Fold top edge of chair back down 7", RS together & pin. Flip chair back over & pin yellow pocket RS to WS of chair back, aligning lower edges. Stitch from top of chair back, along lower edge & back up to chair back top. Clip seam allowances of chair back only between FOE edges of pocket & chair back. Turn both chair back & pocket to RS.
6. Stitch edge of yellow pocket 1/8" in along sides & bottom of pocket.
7. Stretch chair back pocket over chair to use.