Chair Pocket Organizer
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:
- 1 pkg Neutral Solids PUL fabric
- 1 pkg Stars or other printed Fold Over Elastic (FOE)
- Dritz® notions:
- Tape measure
- Mark-B-Gone™ marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Seam allowances 1/2". RS = Right sides, WS = Wrong side.
Measure circumference of chair back, 7" down from top of chair. Divide measurement in half for cut width.
Red PUL for chair back: Cut width x24". Yellow PUL for pocket: Cut width x93⁄8". Red PUL for small pocket: Two 51⁄2" long. Stitch along 51⁄2" sides. Trim width to
cut width + 1".
1. Stitch Star FOE to top edge of chair back, to yellow pocket & to red pocket using a 3-step zigzag stitch.
2. Pocket tucks: Mark along bottom edge of red pocket. Starting at right corner, measure & mark at 1", 11⁄2", 51⁄2" & 6". On RS, bring inside marks to outside marks, forming a 1/4" tuck at each set of marks. Pin & baste.
3. On RS of yellow pocket, mark line 11⁄2" up from bottom edge. RS together, align bottom edge of red pocket just below line. Remainder of red pocket will extend beyond yellow pocket. Stitch pockets together 1/2" from red pocket edge. Turn red pocket up & press. Do not let iron touch laminate side of PUL.
4. Pin & baste edges of red pocket to yellow pocket. Pin pocket flat & stitch large pocket 1/2" from inside tuck. This pocket will be fuller. Stitch remaining pockets as desired.
5. Fold top edge of chair back down 7", RS together & pin. Flip chair back over & pin yellow pocket RS to WS of chair back, aligning lower edges. Stitch from top of chair back, along lower edge & back up to chair back top. Clip seam allowances of chair back only between FOE edges of pocket & chair back. Turn both chair back & pocket to RS.
6. Stitch edge of yellow pocket 1/8" in along sides & bottom of pocket.
7. Stretch chair back pocket over chair to use.